The close relationship between the pharmaceutical industry and the well-being of its consumer base necessitates strict safety and quality regulations and manufacturing guidelines. To comply with these regulations and guidelines, pharmaceutical companies observe good manufacturing practices (GMPs) for all of their equipment and processes.
Within the pharmaceutical industry, current good manufacturing practices (CGMPs) call for sanitary processing operations—including using sanitary equipment and systems—to ensure the purity, safety, and quality of the products and, consequently, the health and safety of the end users.
At Highland Equipment, we manufacture high-quality sanitary products and systems that comply with rigorous safety and sanitation standards. Our discrete products include hoses, fittings, seals, and valves, and our systems are suitable for a wide variety of pharmaceutical operations, including:
- Stringent sanitization
- Various pressure, temperature, volume, and capacity processing requirements
- Production of topical cream, injectables, liquid suspensions, and pills
All of our products and systems feature stainless steel—including 316L—construction and have received all relevant registrations and certifications, such as:
- Technical Standards and Safety Authority (TSSA) registered
- National Board registered
- Canadian Standards Association (CSA) B51
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) Section VIII Div. 1 Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code
- ASME “U” Stamp registered
- ASME B31.1 and B31.3 (Power and Process Piping Code)
To facilitate cleaning operations and maintenance of a sanitary processing environment, we design and build complete systems that integrate clean-in-place (CIP) technology and advanced monitoring systems. This system design also allows you to measure production levels and efficiency.
In addition to our sanitary product and system manufacturing capabilities, we also act as experienced and knowledgeable third-party consultants for many pharmaceutical clients.