Our Highland Team
Working at Highland
I've been a TIG welder at Highland Equipment since 2006. TIG welding is a challenging and rewarding career and as a senior welder at Highland Equipment I am able to apply my skills and experience every day and that’s very important to me."
Highland Equipment is well-known within North America and I’m proud to be part of the welding team that builds on our outstanding reputation. What I like best about working at Highland Equipment is the work-life balance they encourage and ground-breaking project opportunities that demonstrates my expertise and knowledge."
With just about 45 welders working at Highland we have fun and have built a team that relies on each other within the workplace and many friendships are made beyond the confines of the job. Highland puts their employees first and they care about us and trust our capabilities.
Highland Equipment listens to me. They value my opinion and consider my recommendations. There are opportunities to grow within the company and for those of us that work in the field we are left to ourselves to make decisions and work independently. Working at Highland Equipment has been the best career choice I have ever made for me and my family.
We are looking to grow our team to provide the best service and workmanship for our customers.
TIG Welders Job Description
Highland Equipment is looking for highly skilled TIG Welders who are able to work with manufacturing engineers, and ensuring compliance with Health and Safety Regulations. The Candidates must have good working knowledge of the welding characteristic of Stainless Steel.
Our TIG Welders are responsible for the following:
- Operating power and hand tools such as TIG welders, buffing machines, drills.
- Overseeing the setup of TIG welding equipment.
- Effectively collaborating with manufacturing engineers to address issues with projects.
- Performing preventative maintenance and repair of piping systems and metal structures.
Required Skills, Abilities and Knowledge:
- Ability to operate welding device in carrying out welding duties.
- Proficient in using various measurement tools to establish the configuration or position of a welding plan.
- Ability to read and interpret welding blueprints and codes.
- Assessment test required before start date.
- Welding Certificate a benefit.
Medical & Dental Benefits
Company Sponsored Self Directed RRSP